The latest editions of
Masonry Designers’ Guide
Standards for Architectural Cast Stone
are now available!
Bundle MDG-2022 with TMS 402/602-22
and receive $25 off your order
Masonry Designers’ Guide – 2022
The Masonry Designers’ Guide – 2022 is a valuable reference for engineers, contractors, architects, inspectors, building code authorities, and educators.
MDG-2022 includes more than 150 design examples on topics such as:
- Concrete and clay masonry
- Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (AAC) masonry
- Prestressed masonry
- Glass unit masonry
- Allowable stress design
- Strength design
- 60+ comprehensive design examples for three common masonry buildings (Chapters 19-21)
- Key design checks for isolated elements:
- partition walls
- loadbearing walls
- shear walls
- anchor bolts
- and more
- Brand new examples for
- GFRP reinforced masonry
- anchor bolts
The MDG-2022 also includes discussion on masonry provisions in the 2024 International Building Code (IBC) and its examples are based on ASCE /SEI 7-22.
Standards for Architectural Cast Stone, 2023 Edition
Standards for Architectural Cast Stone contains three standards and their commentaries:
- Standard for Design of Architectural Cast Stone (TMS 404)
- Standard for Fabrication of Architectural Cast Stone (TMS 504)
- Standard Specification for Installation of Architectural Cast Stone (TMS 604)
Key updates and revisions incorporated by the Committee in the 2023 edition include:
- Updates for coordination with other reference standards including updates to reflect changes in ASTM standards and reference to the 2022 edition of ASCE/SEI 7.
- General cleanup and clarification of provisions and expanded commentary.
- Introduced new deflection limits of l/600 for cast stone subjected to out-of-plane loads.
- Removed the historical drying shrinkage limit of 0.000325, replaced by a requirement that drying shrinkage be tested and reported.
- Minimum thickness requirement of 2.5 inches (64 mm) for all cast stone units.
- Permitting the use of glass fiber reinforced polymer bars meeting ASTM D7957/C7957M.
- Minimum qualifications for testing labs and inspection agencies are required to be defined.