TMS presented awards to recognize outstanding papers presented at the 14th North American Masonry Conference in Omaha, Nebraska on June 13, 2023.
- Best experimental work: Shake Table Tests of Traditional Timber Frame Masonry Construction System, by Aanisa Gani, Durgesh C Rai, Jan Mohammad Banday
- Best analytical/numerical work: An Analysis Model for Partially Grouted Shear Walls Using Macro-Modelling: Importance of Reporting Joint Shear Strength, by: Amr Ba Rahim, Clayton Pettit, Carlos Cruz Noguez, Jeffrey Hung
- Best paper with a graduate student as the first author: Sensitivity Analysis of Parameters on the In-Plane Behavior of Unreinforced Masonry Wall Strengthened with Steel Wire Reinforced Cementitious Matrix, by Dattatreya Tripathy, Vaibhav Singhal
- Best industry author/case study paper: Preserving a Landmark: Saving a Historic Masonry Landmark with Cost Saving Restoration Construction Practices, by Nathan J. Harres, Ariel Kousgaard
- Best overall paper: Seismic Out-of-Plane Retrofit of URM Walls Using Timber Strong-Backs, by Ivan Giongo, Dmytro Dizhur, Jason Ingham, Robert Hudson, Marta Giaretton