TMS presented awards to recognize outstanding papers presented at the 12th North American Masonry Conference in Clemson, SC in 2003.
- Large-Scale Tests of an Unreinforced Masonry Low-Rise Building by Franklin L. Moon, Tianyi Yi, Roberto T. Leon, and Lawrence F. Kahn
- Influence of Diaphragm Flexibility on the Out-Of-Plane Response of Unreinforced Masonry Bearing Walls by Can C. Simsir, Mark A. Aschheim, and Daniel P Abrams
- Numerical Simulation of Buckling in Laterally-Loaded Slender URM Walls by Arturo E. Schultz, Mu Lu, and Henryk K. Stolarski
- Blast Resistance of Un-Reinforced Masonry Walls Retrofitted With Fiber Reinforced Polymers by John J. Myers, Abdeldjelil Belarbi, and Khaled A. El-Domiaty
- Capillary Tension, Moisture Retentivity and Masonry Bond by Anne M. Werner, and David Lange
- Composite Action of Masonry Walls on Steel Lintels Subjected to Concentrated Loads by William A. Wood
- Design and Retrofit of Concrete Masonry-Infilled Steel Frames Using GFRP Laminates by Ahmad Hamid, Wael W. El-Dakhakhni, and Mohamed Elgaaly