The Masonry Society (TMS) will be hosting a booth (#405) and sponsoring two technical sessions at the 2017 SEI Structures Congress that will be held in Denver, Colorado from April 6-8, 2017. TMS’s sessions with presentations as follows:
TMS Session 1: Masonry Design and Detailing (Friday, April 7 from 8 – 9:30 am) with presentations on:
- Seismic Design of Special Reinforced Masonry Walls by Gregory R. Kingsley, P.E. KL&A Inc.
- Structural Brick Veneer – A Brick Solution Outside the Box by Jeffrey L. Elder, P.E. Interstate Brick
- Prefabricated Masonry Design and Construction by David T. Biggs, P.E., S.E., Biggs Consulting Engineering
- Great Masonry Design Practice or How to Love a Mason by Donald W. Harvey, P.E. Atkinson-Noland & Associates
TMS Session 2: Masonry Inspection, Evaluation and Research (Friday, April 7 from 10 – 11:30 am) with presentations on:
- Sustainable Self-Consolidating Grout by Craig Baltimore, Ph.D., S.E., California Polytechnic State University
- Implementing Special Inspections for Quality Assurance – a Case Study of a Unique Façade by David Biggs, P.E., S.E., Biggs Consulting Engineering
- Evaluating Masonry Facades by Michael P. Schuller, P.E., Atkinson-Noland and Associates
- Wire Joint Reinforcement used in Masonry by Michael Porcelli, E.I., Anchor Engineering Inc., Frederick R. Rutz, P.E., Ph.D., University of Colorado Denver and J.R. Harris & Company
Watch TMS’s Website for more details on these sessions as the Structures Congress approaches. If you are attending the Congress, please stop by our booth (#405).