Some downloads sold by The Masonry Society are protected by Locklizard DRM and can only be opened using the Locklizard Viewer software. Protected products are clearly noted on the store page and can also be identified by a SKU beginning with LLF. These products are provided as .pdc files, which cannot be opened using any other PDF software.
Can I print from a PDC document?
No — TMS publications provided in PDC format cannot be printed. Eligible purchases may be exchanged for printed copies in accordance with the TMS Refund Policy.
Can I copy text from a PDC document?
The Locklizard Software does not allow highlighting or copying of text. However, screenshots are permitted.
Can I access PDC documents offline?
PDC documents can be viewed offline. However, in most cases the software will require an internet connection to perform a license validity check once every 7 days.
On how many devices can the Locklizard Software be installed?
Licenses from TMS can be activated on up to 2 devices and are for single user access only.
I replaced my computer and need to reinstall the software. How can I get more licenses?
Contact TMS if you need additional licenses for your account.
Installing & Registering the Locklizard Viewer
Before beginning the installation process, ensure that you have Administrator rights to install and register the Locklizard software. Please note that Locklizard licenses from TMS are provided for single user access only and cannot be activated on a server for multiple users.
- After placing your order, you will receive an order confirmation email with download links for any digital products you ordered (in PDC file format). When ordering a protected download for the first time, you will also receive a message for LockLizard PDF Viewer, which contains the links needed to download and install the software. This information can also be found in your TMS Dashboard on the Downloads and Document License tabs.
- Download the Safeguard PDF Viewer installer that corresponds to your operating system. Download the installer using one of the green button(s).
Note: The instructions on this page apply to Windows operating systems. Additional instructions for other operating systems can be found on the corresponding download page.
- Run the installer by right-clicking on the program and selecting Run as administrator.
- After completing the installation process, the viewer should show up in your list of programs under the name View Documents. The viewer will not allow you to open any product files until you complete the registration process below.
- Go back to the original email and click on the Your Name License link to download the license.
- Open the license file using Locklizard Safeguard – PDF Viewer to register the software on your device. By default, licenses from TMS can be activated on up to 2 devices.
- The message below will appear to confirm your registration. You can now access your PDC file using the Locklizard Safeguard Viewer.