Chad Julius (Term ends 2024)
Develop and maintain consensus standard(s) addressing the design and specification of gravity retaining wall (GRW) structures that may be either unreinforced or reinforced with geosynthetics.
Improve or create GRW-related practices and resources that:
- Promote safe and economical design;
- Inform designers, regulators, and users; and
- Reflect appropriate state-of-the-practice design, analyses, research, and field observations.
In the pursuit of this mission and these goals:
- Identify current practices and resources related to GRW design and specification; including gaps;
- Create, maintain and update appropriate consensus standards;
- Identify issues requiring additional research or investigation; and
- Promulgate resources developed under its purview.