Chad Julius (Term ends 2024)
Develop and maintain consensus standard(s) addressing the design and specification of gravity retaining wall (GRW) structures that may be either unreinforced or reinforced with geosynthetics.
Improve or create GRW-related practices and resources that:
- Promote safe and economical design;
- Inform designers, regulators, and users; and
- Reflect appropriate state-of-the-practice design, analyses, research, and field observations.
In the pursuit of this mission and these goals:
- Identify current practices and resources related to GRW design and specification; including gaps;
- Create, maintain and update appropriate consensus standards;
- Identify issues requiring additional research or investigation; and
- Promulgate resources developed under its purview.
In-Person Meeting of the TMS GRW meeting
Minneapolis, MN March 28-29, 2023
- Meeting Location – Allan Block is letting us use their meeting space so we will meet at 7424 W 78th St, Minneapolis, MN 55439. Please plan to drive or cab to the meeting space (9 miles away).
- Work Materials – We are working to have draft external analysis recommendations for the document to review and discuss at the meeting. We will distribute the draft on March 10 at the latest.
- Meeting Logistics – The start and end of the meetings will allow you to fly the morning of the meetings and leave right after the meeting. We have a block of rooms at The Hyatt Regency Hotel, Bloomington, MN (hyattregencybloomington.com). Located at 3200 East 81st Street, Bloomington, MN 55425. Chad Julius (email@example.com) will be happy to assist with the reservation and will just need to know when you are coming and going. A rate of $129 per night has been secured for that block of rooms. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to and from the airport. The hotel shuttle runs at the top and bottom of the hour. Upon your arrival, pick up your luggage and if the shuttle has not arrived, call the hotel at 952-922-1234 to arrange for a shuttle.
March 28, 2023 – 1:00 – 5:30 pm
- 1:00 pm – Call to Order
- Welcome to members
- Review of External Design for Conventional Retaining Walls
March 29, 2023 – 8:00 – 1:00 pm
- 8:00 am – Start of the meeting
- Review of External Design for Reinforced Retaining Walls
- Internal Analysis
- Future Meetings
- 1:00 pm Adjourn