The Masonry Society will hold its 2017 Annual Meeting and 40th Anniversary celebration in beautiful La Jolla, California on November 3-7. The meetings will feature committee meetings, technical sessions, and plenty of social activities.
Come celebrate our ruby anniversary with us! We will share highlights and stories from our 40 years as a Society at a very special Awards Luncheon on Saturday, November 4th. A commemorative edition of the Awards Lunch program will be developed. If you are interested in placing an advertisement or message in the program, please contact TMS Staff at email@example.com.
Sponsorship for the meetings is also available, allowing you to promote your organization, while assisting the Society to hold down meeting costs for attendees.
The 2017 TMS Annual Meeting Presentation schedule, which will offer AIA Learning Units, will include:
- TMS Turns 40! A Brief History of The Masonry Society by Daniel P. Abrams
- The History of Structural Masonry Standards Development by John Tawresey
- ASCE 7-16 Changes and Impacts on Masonry Design by Ronald O. Hamburger
- The 2018 I-Codes – Changes that will affect Masonry by Jason J. Thompson
- Evaluating the Energy Impacts of Concrete Masonry Wall Constructions in the Pacific Northwest by Thomas Young
- Analysis of Masonry Shear Walls using Strut-and-Ties Models by Patrick B. Dillon & Fernando S. Fonseca
- Self-Consolidating Grout Research by Craig Baltimore
- 3D Visualization Tools for Documenting Masonry by Michael Schuller
- Recent Collapses of Historic Masonry Structures by Craig M. Bennett, Jr., PE
- The Genealogy of Masonry Facade Repairs: The Next Generation by Edward Gerns and Rachel Will
- Post-Installed Masonry Veneer Anchors by Bryan Rouse and Rachel Will
- Adhered Masonry Veneer Systems: Old Problems and New Challenges by Robert C. Haukohl
- Nonlinear Analysis of Reinforced Masonry Shear Walls with ASCE 41 by P. Benson Shing
A preliminary schedule of events and preliminary meeting information is posted here. An informal Arrival Day event will be held the evening of Nov. 2 for those arriving in La Jolla the night before our meetings begin.
A magical evening cruise of San Diego Bay has also been planned on a spacious yacht. Plan to join your TMS friends under the full moon for dinner, and if you so desire, dancing.
Additional information can be found on the 2017 Annual Meeting page.
Registration for TMS’s Annual Meeting will open in late July or early August.