This compilation of masonry code and specification requirements is a must for anyone designing, constructing or inspecting masonry! Created on a successful model formerly produced by the Masonry Institute of America (MIA) and the International Code Council (ICC), this newest compilation is now produced with The Masonry Society (TMS) and includes key portions of the 2009 International Building Code (IBC) and 2009 International Residential Code (IRC), the entire MSJC Code and Specification (TMS 402 and TMS 602)*, and much, much, more. Even better, the first major section of the book integrates the MSJC provisions into those of IBC Chapter 21 provisions so that users can easily find which provisions apply. Strikeouts are also used to show when the IBC provisions govern over those in the MSJC. As such, this compilation serves as a perfect reference for designers, contractors and inspectors who are trying to ensure compliance with the Code.
This book also includes code and standard requirements on veneer, special inspection, fireplaces, chimneys and much more. New requirements for determining fire resistance and sound transmission class ratings are also included.
Codes and Standards included:
- All major portions of the 2009 IBC related to masonry including all of Chapter 21 Masonry and excerpts from Chapters 14 on veneer, 17 of Special Inspection, 18 on Foundation walls, and much, more
- The 2008 “MSJC” Code and Specification (TMS 402 and TMS 602)*
- Masonry portions of the Code Requirements for Determining Fire Resistance of Concrete and Masonry Construction Assemblies (ACI 216.1-07/TMS 0216-07)
- Standard Method for Determining the Sound Transmission Class Rating for Masonry Walls (TMS 0302-07)
- Portions of the International Residential Code (IRC) related to masonry
- And much, much more!