The 2018 Annual Meeting of The Masonry Society will be held October 3rd through 6th in Cleveland, Ohio at the Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade. The Annual Meeting features committee meetings, technical sessions, and social activities.
General Session Presentations
Topics that will be presented at this year’s Annual Meeting include:
- Sage Advice from Masonry Experts (a panel discussion)
- Restoring an Icon: Masonry Evaluation of Shrine of Christ the King
- What does a Masonry Professional need to know about Portland-Limestone Cements?
- The State of the Industry: Architectural Terra Cotta
- Twelve Years of Masonry Distress
- The Changing Landscape of Green Codes and Standards
- Can you hear me now? Applying the provisions of TMS 302 in practice
- Tales from the Field: Engineering Masonry Structures and Contributing to the Development of Building Codes
- Optical Monitoring & Modelling of Masonry Behaviour Under Shear Load
- Diaphragm Influence on the Seismic Response of Reinforced Masonry Buildings
Direct Design Update: Handbook, Software, and BIM
Special seminar presented by Russ Peterson — Friday, October 5th, 11:45 AM – 12:45 PM
This seminar will cover the newest upgrade of Direct Design Software. Version 3.0 has been reworked from the bottom up to handle a substantially larger subset of masonry buildings, all while maintaining the quick and easy approach that is the hallmark of Direct Design. The session will also overview the ability of the software to import structures from Autodesk Revit. All attendees will be entered in a drawing for a free one-year subscription to the software. For more information on Direct Design Software visit: www.DirectDesignSoftware.com.
The Hyatt Regency – Cleveland at The Arcade will host the 2018 Annual Meeting. The hotel’s airy rooms (some overlooking the Arcade) feature contemporary decor, vaulted ceilings and flat-screen TVs, as well as wifi access and laptop-size safes. En suite bathrooms have granite tubs. Suites add separate living areas and floor-to-ceiling windows. Dining options include a refined restaurant, a cocktail lounge offering light fare, and a coffee bar. There’s also a 24-hour fitness facility, full-service spa, and business center.
Hyatt Regency – Cleveland at The Arcade
420 Superior Avenue E.
Cleveland, OH 44114
Shuttle & Parking Information
For those flying into Cleveland, TMS has partnered with Ace Taxi/Super Shuttle-Cleveland to offer TMS Annual Meeting attendees discounted shuttle service between the Hotel and the airport. Use this link to book a ride at a discounted rate or enter code 8RSB4 when booking a ride through www.supershuttle.com.